How to get rid of spicy taste on the tongue...
It can be both painful and annoying to eat something too spicy and not be able to get rid of that burning sensation. Once you’ve eaten the spicy food, there’s no way to go back, but there are some ways you can fix the pain quickly in the aftermath. To cool your tongue, consume the proper drinks and foods, such as those that contain dairy or high amounts of fat and oil.
Spicy food is delicious and can increase appetite. However, sometimes the spicy taste can be excessive, causing a burning sensation on the tongue and mouth. So, how do you deal with the spicy taste on the tongue quickly?
What happens to your tongue and mouth when you are spicy?
- For fans of spicy food, the spicy sensation that comes from the food eaten can indeed enrich the taste of the food and increase appetite.
- However, there will usually be some discomfort when you start to spice excessively. For example, runny nose, sweaty body, until a burning sensation on the tongue and mouth.
- The burning sensation on the tongue and mouth after eating spicy food is actually caused by a compound found in chilies, namely capsaicin.
- The way to get rid of the spicy taste can be by consuming certain foods and drinks The capsaicin compound in chilies can cause a spicy taste.
- When you eat spicy foods, such as chilies, capsaicin compounds will stick to the tongue.
- Furthermore, the receptors on the tongue will carry signals to the brain and tell the body that the tongue and mouth have touched something 'hot'.
- That is why, the hot taste does not only affect the tongue when you taste food, but also when the hot taste touches the membranes of certain exposed areas of the body. For example, the nasal cavity, the area under the fingernails, or the surface area of the eye.
- If you start to get too hot, the capsaicin compounds found in chilies, the piperine compound in pepper, or the isothiocyanates in mustard and radishes will temporarily numb the tongue and mouth.
How to get rid of spicy quickly, not with plain water :
- The spicy taste on the tongue and mouth that appears is actually temporary. Numbness is the body's defense mechanism to protect itself from pain caused by spicy food.
- However, you don't need to worry because this condition is temporary and the receptors can return to normal. One of them is by applying a way to quickly remove the hot taste on the tongue and mouth.
How to get rid of spicy taste on the tongue and mouth quickly :
If you start to feel excessively hot right after eating a spicy meal, try consuming the following foods or drinks as a way to get rid of the hot taste on the tongue and mouth quickly.
1. Milk and processed products :
Processed dairy products can be a way to get rid of the spicy taste.Milk can be a way to get rid of the spicy taste on the tongue. One way to get rid of the hot taste on the tongue and mouth is to drink milk. The American Chemical Society revealed that the protein in milk can replace the chemical compounds in chilies that cause a burning sensation on the tongue.
- The protein in milk is called casein works by breaking down the capsaicin compound so that it has a soothing effect on the tongue and mouth that feels hot and spicy.
- Unlikewhite water which is composed of polar molecules, casein is nonpolar just like capsaicin.
- This means casein can bind to capsaicin, preventing it from sticking to the tongue and mouth receptors.
- Therefore, milk is one way to get rid of the hot taste on the tongue and mouth quickly. Apart from milk, you can also try other processed products, such as yogurt and ice cream.
2. Sugar or honey :
How to get rid of the spicy taste on the tongue and mouth can also be with sweet foods, such as sugar or honey.
- You can suck half a teaspoon of whole sugar or honey on the surface of the tongue to reduce the burning sensation when spicy.
- This is due to the oil-based capsaicin compound which can be well absorbed by sugar or honey to get rid of the hot taste on the tongue and mouth.
3. Rice or Bread :
Rice or bread is also an option to get rid of the spicy taste on the tongue and mouth immediately.
- A slice of bread can relieve the sensation of burning and burning by absorbing the capsaicin compound.
- In addition, rice can also have the same effect as bread, only less absorption than bread because of its grain-shaped texture.
In above article , we will see about how to get rid of spicy taste on the tongue...must try this tips it's very effective and get relief fast...must read above article and share your experiences in comments section...
Note - The information and suggestions given in this article are based on general information. The Ganimikava does not confirm this. Experts should be consulted before implementing this.